Happy Couple

Happy Couple

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Weekly Thought

Last week, my professor brought up a good point about facebook. He suggested to have two accounts, one personal and one for teaching. At first I was amazed facebook was mature enough to use as a professional website. But I can see how it would be easier and would get to that point where students would communicate through facebook. I might stick with my blog, for now, and in a few years there might be new and exciting technology when I start teaching my own class, that I may use instead.

1 comment:

  1. I think that is a great idea. They used Facebook in one of my classes here at BYU and it was nice because almost everyone had an account that the professor could send messages to or set a status or something. I think that it depends on the students, though, and what they are most comfortable with. I have used Wikis more frequently and I feel that they are more effective than facebook, but they would probably require more work to train the students to use it. I guess it depends on your purpose for the site. I think that I will use a blog or wiki for the semesters and keep a Ms. Cochrane facebook to keep in touch with my students for years after.

    ReplyDelete

Video 1

Video 2