Happy Couple

Happy Couple

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Weekly Thought

This week in class we discussed copyright. Of course, many of us didn't know the rules exactly, and our knowledge on the subject was, site everything and do not plagiarize. I loved the movie in class Brother West showed. It left me more aware that copyright has a lot to do with integrity, and credit. Who is really the one who came up with the idea, and who should receive the credit of that work?

Later that week my composition teacher Caroline Prohosky, showed us a clip from a movie about the people who were working on the discovery of medicine for diabetics. In the end she said the awards were given to certain men, that did no take it, unless their assistants received the awards as well. These men made sure each person received the glory for their work.

In my studies in dance, and in my own personal choreography, I must be true to other peoples movement and not copy or take credit for something I did not create. I think many people justify bad choices like copying, which they shouldn't. There is no other way to be truly satisfied with your dance, when you know you created all of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Video 1

Video 2