Happy Couple

Happy Couple

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Teaching my parent about Internet Saftey

Teaching my mom about internet saftey was a good choice. I have to be honest. It was more of a discussion than a lesson. We talked about how in my childhood, she had a separate account for each of us kids. We had our own passwords, that only she knew. It was very difficult to catch the computer unattended with it still logged in. The understanding that people on the internet chat rooms were strangers, sent a message that chat rooms and other networking was a no -no, when we were still in elementary school. Not until 8 grade did i feel I had some more freedom about the internet. I told my mom about specific information that we should not have posted on the internet, and about Brother Wests idea about the 24 hour credit card number. My mom really liked that suggestion, and has used it a couple of times.

I hope to teach my children the evils on the internet that could come up, and then have to hope they will listen to you when you give them some leg room to explore on their own. It is helpful to have a close relationship with your kids, so secrets don't have to be an issues when it comes to working on the computer. My mom agreed, which makes sense, because she probably taught that to her kids starting at a very young age.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Video 1

Video 2